Monday, June 9, 2008

Stress

My mind is flooded. My back is sore. My relationships are strained. My shower is broken. That's pretty much my week in a nutshell.

I was more frustrated last night than I've been in several months and, for the first time in a long time I felt like I just wanted to sit alone and mope. So I did. I flaked out on a social engagement for the second time in 3 days and sat at home. Half moping, half contemplating, half cleaning my bathroom and half misusing fractions. I think I really needed the wind down though, because this morning felt a lot better. Coming to work and seeing my little devils rehearsing their graduation song brightened my morning, but was also a very finite reminder that this Friday is the last time I'm going to see them for awhile and that I'm going to miss them a lot over the summer.

I have my first catering shift of the year on Saturday and frankly, I'm not very excited about it. I'd rather be working with kids, but I've been rather half-assed about looking for a summer job and I'm afraid that most of those doors are (best case scenario) closing fast.

I think I deal with stress much differently than most people. I don't panic, I don't really worry even- my mind just floods and I struggle to put thoughts together. It makes it really hard to write. It makes it really hard to do anything... or, at least, do anything well.

I had a very frustrating game of baseball yesterday. I under performed, got unlucky and (by his own admission) was victimized by the umpire. For those of you scoring at home, that's three strikes. Often times a good baseball experience can help pull me out of an emotional slump, but, I guess that'll have to wait until next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, a lot of the summer camps and things I attended didn't start until July. There's probably still plenty of opportunities out there. This camp doesn't start until later this month and it says they're still looking for ppl: http://www.campoceanpines.org/positions. Here's one more link for working with kids: http://bayarea.kijiji.com/c-Jobs-Babysitter-nanny-Part-Time-Teachers-W0QQAdIdZ49410046